Thursday, April 29, 2010

Videos Blogs Are Essential If You Want To Connect To Fans

I am currently having my band "The Gypsy Affliction" make some video blogs of themselves hanging out, performing and writing music. I have always thought that it is very important to connect to your fans you should have a way of communicating to them in between shows and tours. The Gypsy Affliction I feel would especially benefit from these blogs because their target market spends majority of their time on the web and enjoys watching videos on youtube.com or other podcast and video sites.

Many artists have found fame through the web, and posting videos of themselves for viewers to watch, Colbie Caillat, Taylor Swift and even Soulja Boy are just some. Although I don't think Colbie Caillat and soulja boy post videos of themselves anymore, Taylor Swift, I feel is a marketing genius because she still, even with her extreme popularity regulary posts videos of herself from backstage at her performances to getting her retainer fitted:


Because she continually posts these types of blogs I feel that that only further helps her popularity with her fans, because they feel in some way connected to their artist. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment