Thursday, April 22, 2010

I wish I had magic powers...a.k.a organizing skills.




It's been a stressful week over here. I don't know about the rest of the world, but trying to market a band while working doubles AND trying to get good grades in your other classes while attempting to make something of yourself at your internship AND trying to have at least SOME of a social life is HARD WORK. (whew..just typing it was stressful enough)

Man, I wish we could go back to the days when senior year meant slacking off. I have unfortunately realized that in college this does not exist. The real world is approaching fast and I need to buckle down. So here is my question, WHO IS A MASTER ORGANIZER?!

I need major help, what do you do to get organized and stay focused when you have a bazillion things on your to do list, that just sits on your computer staring at you all day long and seems to never be getting smaller??

I wish I had magic powers to make this all transform into A pieces of work..and not just a to do list.

Thank god I have great music from The Gypsy Affliction to calm me down. What is it about good music that can turn your mood completely around? I can't imagine life without it...I think the world and myself would probably fall apart.

8 comments:

  1. To do lists are the handywork of the devil. I do things as they come and if some things dont get done then oh well. And I have one question what is the gypsy affliction. Is it a disease where you steal and cannot find a place to live for more than a few weeks at a time? If you could get back to me about this it would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting organized!!! Multiple books have been writen on the topic, tools developed and seminars created and taught to enhance this important skill (and enhance author/seminar leaders pocket books). Over time new terms have been created and specific roles developed (PROJECT MANAGERS)since the skill is so integral to success. Nothing wrong with picking up one of these books or taking a seminar but each one will start with the same principle:Getting organized takes a little investment of time,discipline and thought and the investment will pay enormous dividends and provide peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy the Boy Scout --"'Be Prepared"April 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM

    The perfect time to organize your self; Sunday night, right after dinner and a walk. Take the next one to two hours to prioritize your To Dos, lay out your week and and then get the restfull sleep that preparedness brings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren I feel you in the crazy busy schedule we have now days. What I do to stay organized is take every task I have and write it on a list. I do this maybe every 2-3 days. Then I prioritize the list of most important things first and least important last. From there you just gotta buckle down and do everything. I found doing it this way gives you a plan of attack and you will finish the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I find out information about your artist on this Blog?
    Kimo Williams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimo-
    Thank you for asking! If you click the link on the latest blog post, it will bring you to The Gypsy Afflictions facebook fan page. Currently, we are working on getting their website up and running.

    More information about The Gypsy Affliction will be coming on future blog posts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I record all of Kimo's lectures, and then I listen to them while I sleep. That should help right?

    Haha, in all seriousness though, I got a DVD a while back, it's gotten pretty popular though..it's called The Secret. It pretty much talks about the law of attraction and how everything you want to happen can happen. It's more inspiring than relaxing, but hopefully that inspiration will get you motivated to be organized!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed The Secret as well! Thanks for the advice. I am doing better about organizing.

    ReplyDelete